Model A1369, 1.6, 1.7, or 1.8 GHz Processor, 64, 128 or 256GB Flash Storage

Can I upgrade SSD from 128GB to 256GB?

I bought a 13inch macbook air 2011 edition with 128 GB capacit5y, I want to increase it to 256 as I thought Apple usually charges a premium on flash memory. On ifixit site it was said during teardown that it is possible to increase SSD but not RAM. But can you suggest hopw and where , and if it will be cheaper than Apple ? If not I might as well return 128GB and buy 256 gb one if the price diff is not that much.

Most Helpful Answer

You can, but you need to source the right SSD

Here is the SSD for your MacBook Air

According to nicks source a 240 GB will cost you 519.99 plus shipping. If you can swap it it for less than that I would do the swap.

Thanks, I guess then Apple doesn't overcharge memory in this case (as it does in iPad and iPhone) as I only pay $300 if I swap it at Apple vs $520 with OWC. Obviously it may not have as fast read/write speeds as advertised by OWC in your link but thats not too important for me.

Niradh Kaul will be eternally grateful.