Nikon D5100

Released in April 2011, the D5100 replaces the D5000 as one of Nikon's popular consumer DSLR cameras. It features a replaceable Nikon F-mount lens.

How do I hard reset my Nikon D5100?

How do I perform a hard reset on my Nikon D5100 DSLR so that it resorts to 'out of the box' mode (i.e. when I switch it on it will prompt for time zone and day/date settings)?

My menu function is locked. I can not enter in menu function for further setting

by bharatbasnet

Get the manual from here Page 58 and 59 will show you all the menus. Good Luck

Many thanks for your help however the manually only explains how to reset the shooting menu and custom settings - I need to do a full 'hard reset' .

by Ian

give this a try "Nikon SLR, there are 2 ways: First: Click on Menu -> Shooting (camera icon) -> and select Reset Shooting Menu Click on Menu -> Custom Setting (pencil icon) -> select the Reset Custom Menu or by: If you hold down the • MENU and • INFO buttons at the same time for a few seconds, you can quickly reset your D5100 to its basic settings.

by oldturkey03

My nikon d5100 shutter is "locked" and i am not able to push button down until on manual. what happen?

Couple things

1. Are you using AF-S lenses

a. If yes, do you have enough light for Autofocus/Auto Functions to work

b. If not, you have to work in Manual Mode.

2. Try another AF-S lens, see if that works.

a. If not, it could be the camera or take the lens cap off LOL

How to reset d5200 from 0

Pleass help me

Ian will be eternally grateful.