Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Why doesn't vibrate work after repair?

Okay, so let me start by saying that my warranty is voided after I cracked the screen and decided to repair it myself, so returning to Apple is not an option.

After repairing my screen, my home button started to become unresponsive, so I replaced the home button. During the repair, when reinserting the logic board, I cracked the tip that has a small curled copper-colored metal piece.

When I reassembled the phone, everything works fine, except for the vibrator. The mute switch mutes the ringer, and the mute/unmute symbols flash on the screen, so I'm assuming it is not an issue with the button. I also purchased a replacement motor, installed it, but still no luck.

Does this have anything to do with the copper piece? Or are there any other ideas how I can get the vibrator to work again? Thanks!

Most Helpful Answer

Hi

I've got the same problem with my iphone after replacing the display.

The replacement motor is working, I tested it with my second iphone 4

So, how i can get the vibrator work ? Thanks

hi i have the exact same problem. the top is chipped hence no vibration. isit the copper coil that makes a difference or is that the antenna ?

the copper coil that sits under the board and attached to the vibrate motor is mostly likely either damaged or placed at a weird angle where it wont make contact with the board.

I don't think it's to do with that small copper piece as mine isn't broken but i have exactly the same problem with the vibrator.

Also after the repair i first got problems with the home button and vibrator and now getting issues with signal.

Same problem here,

I'm beginning to think its because a small clip which is normally attached to the chasis is missing.

The same one that helps clip the cover plate (the one at the top which hides the LCD/JACK ect connectors) back down.

Without it your cover sits over the ribbon cable for the volume/silent switch ect, and might be causing damage?

hmmm....?

I'm having the same issue after replacing a broken digitizer. I tested the motor with a AA battery and confirmed that the motor works. I also tested the contacts on the motherboard using a multimeter and ibrate and got no response. I'm not sure if this a software issue or a hardware one. I'm fairly certain I didn't damage anything during the repair. Any suggestions?

Same exact problem after replacing proximity sensor cable. I also broke the copper coil...

It could help with a recovery to factory(wipe phone complete)

Seems like there are more questions than answers here haha.

Don't tighten down both screws for the vibrator motor. Leave them loose, and reposition the motor to allow it space to turn.

danielaevans will be eternally grateful.