Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

horizontal 'lines' on screen, after a slight 'knock' to back

Hi, I recently managed to knock my phone against a low post in the street. I knocked the back of the phone whilst it was in my pocket.

I've now noticed that there 'lines' at the bottom of the screen - I assume this is possibly due to a dodgy connection to the LCD matrix?

1. Do you think it's fixable [no other visible 'damage' to the screen?

2. or is it possible damage to the logic board?

The 'lines' are on every screen and have the same colour - dark blue? They are even getting longer, though I don't use the phone now?

Thanks in advance for any help - compassion ;^)

The bottom of my screen has grey horizontal lines which stay still. However I have dark blue lines on the top of them, which is duplicating the image behind it, and also moving

Black horizontal lines are spread all across my phone screen why?

Thin black horizontal lines which on my screen is it permanent or we can solvents it

Mine has light blue vertical lines that click stuff when they want to and it gets annoying

I too get a black line at the bottom of my tablet what should l do ???? Will it remain like that?

This could be caused by two things.

One - LCD connection has come loose.

This is the simple and free cause as all you have to do is take the digitiser (screen) off and re-seat the LCD connection. If this fixes the issue i would highly recommend buying some Anti-Static Kapton tape. This tape is high quality electrical tape with strong adhesive and heat tolerance.

Polyimide Tape

Two - The LCD has been damaged

This is the harder and more expensive cause as the LCD has been damaged. As per the name LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) if it is knocked or bumped hard enough it causes the "liquid" to displace itself possibly causing those horizontal lines you now see. However all you will need to do is replace the LCD and you will be good to go.

Here is a link to the part you will need to buy

Here is a link to the guide you will need to replace it if you do not know how.

Hope this helps :D

I have a iPhone5s and it has black lines at the bottom and my screen won't work. What could be wrong? Could it be bcz I dropped it or banged it on something

I had the same issue on an iPhone 4S and I fixed it by warming it up to body temperature for 30 minutes or so. The lines gradually disappeared!

my phone has also horizontal lines at the bottom... is it really working by warming? many thanks!

surprisingly useful!! thank you!!!

how did you warm the phone

I held it between my legs :)

So, you didn't have to replace the screen? My iPhone 5s has the same issue and I don't know what to do. I would appreciate any advice

Hmm.. It depends on the lines. If they're black, it's usually the lcd. If white, then it's an issue with the digitizer. Yes, it can be repaired. If their white, you can try reconnecting the display cables, and cycling the battery. If black, you can easily replace the lcd, on that phone

It was a very helpful tip n I found the problem is with digitizer. Now the phone is working fine. Thanks

My lines are purple And i found them only in my camera please tell me what should i do?

i need help. Currently my phone is black(bottom part of it) and the top part is mixed with purple dots and i cant fix it.I tried a the power method and such but i still couldnt make it work. Please help. (Samsung note 4)

binaryop8 will be eternally grateful.