Released September 25, 2015. Model A1688/A1633. Repair of this device is similar to previous generations, requiring screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 16, 32, 64, or 128 GB / Silver, Gold, Space Gray, or Rose Gold options.

Auto-Brightness setting present but not working. Screen replaced

After replacing the display assembly on my iPhone 6S the auto brightness feature has stopped functioning. The replacement display was a complete OEM genuine assembly taken off of another iPhone so the sensors are genuine.

I still have the option to turn auto brightness on and off in settings (iOS 13.2.3) but the brightness doesn’t actually change depending on the light level in the room.

I have reset the phone in settings, should I try resetting it from iTunes instead?

Thank you,

Oliver

Transfer the front camera assembly (FCAM) from the old screen to the replacement screen. The replacement screen probably has a faulty pre-installed FCAM assembly which has an ambient light sensor on it (ALS)

Thank you for your suggestion @benjamen50! I'll give this a go. It's funny that the Auto Brightness option is still present - normally it disappears so maybe the ALS is at fault.

Thank you

Oliver will be eternally grateful.