Released November 2016, the PS4 Pro features upgraded hardware for 4K gaming and improved PSVR performance.

WiFi Connection drops randomly

The WiFi keeps dropping signal for 5-10 seconds and then reconnects all by itself. I watched it do it in the connection status tab under network, in the settings. I Know it’s an issue with the PS4 because my Roku in the bedroom will still play Netflix at the same time that Netflix on the PS4 stops playing due to no connection. I also tested it with my sisters PS4 on the same WiFi. I went under the Connection Status tab on hers, and watched it for about 2 minutes. It never once dropped. Hooked mine up in the same exact spot, and watched it and at first it didn’t drop. But then I went and played COD to put the WiFi under stress. 60 seconds into playing COD the connection dropped. Went and look at the connection status and sure enough it would drop for 5-10 seconds and then come back. The controllers never disconnect like I’ve seen some people complain about so I dont Know if the problem is the antenna or the WiFi chip. Does anyone know?

We seem to be having the same issue here. The PS4 is connected via Ethernet. My iPhone and iPad are not able to connect at all when the PS4 is on whereas my boyfriend Samsung phone’s connection is working fine over the same WiFi.

[br]

We changed our apartment settings recently, the PS4 was connected via Ethernet through a power line adapter and all other devices where working fine using the Main WiFi.

My old ps4 worked great. I upgraded to the ps4 pro and my wifi kept dropping. Even though it was only 10 feet away from the router. So I extended a lan cat 5 cable to hardwire the ps4 pro from the router… And I'm still getting the intermittent lost connection message, only now It reads my lan connection has been lost. I'd upgrade the router if the rest of my house or tech was having issues but roku and firesticks and cellphones never lose connection.

Mad and frustrated that there doesn't seem to be an official answer addressing this as many people seem to have this issue.

Any answers out there?

basically, I'm being disconnected from PSN every 10-30 minutes now for the past 3 weeks. I've swapped to LAN cable.. upgraded my router.. swapped out ethernet cables (though the disconnects happen with wifi as well) but like other people are stating the disconnects don't seem to be affecting any other devices in our home... even swapped to the optimal DNS servers.. the only "fix" I've been able to find is going to network settings and "testing connection" this seems to buy me about 30 minutes of play.. any answers or solutions offered would be greatly appreciated.

Glad to know I'm not the only one! My PS4 is constantly losing the connection no matter if it's connected wireless or ethernet cable. It's incredibly frustrating!

Same here... Getting Very Frustrating! I’ve tried all the fixes, still dropping. The network testing connection buts a little time, from what I understand is a reboot of the PS4 wireless.

Having same issue here, however I have apple devices (apple tv 4 and a macbook) connected around the ps4. I've heard that Apple devices interfere in some way with the ps4 wifi connection. But these drops are super random and crazy. While netflix still running on tv my ps4 is unable to keep connection going on specially with COD servers. I haven't been able to find an effective solution, but I think all is left is to go wired.

Yeah I never found a fix either so I found an adapter set that comes with 2 standard plugs that will plug into any standard light socket. Once you plug both of them in they will sync up and make a connection through the electricity wires . It will allow you to plug your Ethernet cable from the PS4 to the first wall adapter and then plug the Ethernet cable from the second adapter into the router. Basically giving you a wired connection, without having to be close to the router. Never could find a fix for the wireless, and after installing this I haven’t tried to go back either.

TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Plug&Play, Power Saving, Nano Powerline Adapter(TL-PA4010 KIT) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AWRUICG/ref...

Yeah I have the Ethernet wall socket modem thing, and my PlayStation does the same thing over and over. Both the WiFi and the LAN cable disconnect momentarily and then reconnect. This isn’t a problem when watching Netflix cuz it loads enough content that a blip in the connection doesn’t effect, but it’s a big issue for COD. It says WiFi connection lost and then immediately reconnects, but the COD servers kick you immediately I guess to keep things fair. It’s so frustrating!

Do you still have this problem?

I have the same problem with COD sucksss

Most Helpful Answer

I had this problem when I got a new ps4 pro. I learned that you have to manually select a broadband width on the ps4. Or it might automatically switch between broadband widths in between games. 5.0 ghz to 2.4. So go into network settings select set up connection. Select your connection type. Then before selecting your WiFi. Press the options button and select either 5.0 ghz or 2.4 ghz. And the. Set up your WiFi normally after that. I’d recommend trying out both connection types. To see which is better.

This resolved my issue. Thank you!!!

It doesn't let me press option button?

@JOOPW1LD You literally press your options key/button while on the screen to select wifi or lan.

is the ability to press the options only for PS4 pro? I have PS4 and it won't allow me to press options either

@dlsonne814 just go to settings then go to network then you should see set up internet connection then just follow what it's asking you to do

This answer was originally to another question.

2 ways to find out without opening the console. Either try another ps4 in the same location to rule out a wifi signal issue or interference or you can take the ps4 somewhere else with wifi and see if you run into the same issue. The antennas dont really go bad unless the console has physical damage. Also check the speeds when you do the internet test. If they are low, move the console closer to the router and see if its improves.

The wifi works on every device but this problem only occurs on the PS4. I turn all wifi devices off while I play and it won't help much. Could a connector go bad? I've had this console for years. I'm not sure but the lan port doesn't work either

Thats why i mention putting another ps4 in the same location, what if something near the tv is causing interference in the wifi. Other devices would not experience the same issue. Regarding the connector no they dont go bad. Only time ive had to do wifi repairs are on consoles that were dropped, stepped on or liquid damaged.

Had this too not long ago. Lost the wifi connection randomly, and didn’t moved the PS4 at all. Happend to me when I connected the VR. Do you also have the VR ? I updated the console and the VR and this fixed it for me.

I do not have VR. It started off during Mlb the show game and then carried over to all games

If I had another PS4 I wouldn’t need to fix mine, it’s never been moved in 2 years and this problem just started with the last couple months @ripper

The same happens to me it’s just that I have to test my internet connection to get back in, I just wanna know why though?

Can you test the connection mid game in pause to gain more time?

Can you test the connection mid game from the pause menu to gain more time? Sometimes ranked season games go over 30 minutes

Did you find a solution to that?

Hey, i also been having my connection randomly drop, while playing MLB the show, im the only with out of my friends that has this issue with the game, my brother plays fortnite all day and doesnt have issues, except for occasional lagging, i even connected a enternet cable to see if it would help, but nothing worked. All my other devices work fine and i even updated the router

Mine is a brand new console and it constantly loses connection. The router is max speed through xfinity and it’s close. My old console did the same thing so I think it’s just a ps4 issue! Not real happy with this.

Mine too!! Just bought it and my connection constantly drops /:

Gees us just bought ps4 dropping right in the middle of gauntlet. Fook me i am pissef. Elf my elf. Lol

I know many users facing the same wifi keep disconnecting. Some users also explain Wifi is not connecting to PS4.

There is the various reason of this issue.

• Wifi Router placed in another room
  • Playstation server down

I explained the 5 ways to '''Fix PS4 Won’t connect to WiFi'''

I have the same issue. I tried everything on all forums I could find to fix this issue. Moved rooms, wired connection, disabled auto wifi select, port forwarding, MVZ, changed routers ($500 Asus and $350 netgear), changed modems, and tested another ps4 for 1 month with no wifi issues. This issues does not happen to any other devices in my house. I recently shipped my PS4 Pro to Playstation to do a warranty repair after spending many hours trying to fix the issue. The issues is random and hard to explain to Playstation support team so I wrote a 1 page paper explaining the issue. It took 1 month to get my PS4 Pro back. It still have the same issue….. The issues could not be replicated because it is random. They did not replace the internet adapter hardware. I am sending it back…. Very mad.

I'm right next to the wifi and still losing s signal

same issue with me.

I thought it can be solved via a wifi repeater which has a lan-connector also for no-wifi devices. So i thought to connect the my PS4-pro via lan-cable to the repeater. But some guys write that they hat problems also when connecting via LAN…

That sounds to me to be an issue deep within the network-driver of the PS4 which occures randomly with timing and network load, don’t you think?

btw i do not play COD but i have the connection losses also and they appear all 2 mins when browsing the PS-Shop…

though: have fun folks!

wolf

David Chaney will be eternally grateful.