The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

Why my screen works badly?

I connected my macbook on my television. When I disconnected the cable, my screen changed color. Since, colors are abnormal (a little bit fluorescent): I see almost nothing more. When I connect the mac on an external screen, everything works well.

Please list the last three figures of your serial number so we know exactly which machine you have. (found in he battery compartment)

Thanks for your help

My mac is a macbook Model A1181 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo

I am providing you with a link to Apples troubleshooting guide for your problem. Please note the section on resetting your computer--being hooked up to the tv may have upset a setting. Since you have a good picture with an external monitor I believe your logic board is probably good.

Thank you for your advice. I followed all the propositions Apple but nothing resolute! I wonder if it is not the screen...

It could be your screen but I would check the cable from the logic board to the screen first. Since I don't know exactly which Macbook you have please check number 5 (Devices) in the right column to identify your computer and then select display data cable for a guide to repair.

veronikl will be eternally grateful.