Skip to main content

The HP Envy x360 m6-aq103d has touchscreen and 360° capability, which makes it a 2-in-1 for those that want a laptop and tablet in one device. Model number: W2K45UA.

12 Questions View all

How to replace the keyboard?

There doesn’t seem to be an answer on how to remove/replace the keyboard. I have a sticky keyboard and bought a new keyboard, but I can’t figure out how to take the keyboard out. anyone have help? thanks!

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution


The keyboard is part of the top cover assembly.

You nearly have to completely dis-assemble the laptop to get to it.

Here’s a link to the hardware and maintenance manual for the laptop taken from this webpage.

Scroll to p.47 to view how to access the top cover/keyboard as part of the display assembly removal procedure which is shown on p.46

Was this answer helpful?

Score 4


thank you for your quick reply! when I tried to take the Laptop apart, I took almost all the components out, and I realized the plate that hides the keyboard is riveted onto the top cover, so there is no way to remove it. I think HP figures the keyboard isn’t a necessary part to replace. thanks for trying to help me!



I think HP's idea is that you replace the complete top cover/ keyboard assembly.

If you go to p.17-18 Item #2 in the manual you'll find the country specific part numbers for the assembly.

If you search online using the appropriate top cover/keyboard part number for you particular assembly variant (there may be a part number on the underside of your assembly if you wish to verify which one you have), you'll get results for suppliers of the assembly.

Alternatively others have drilled out the rivets to gain access to the keyboard and then used an adhesive (epoxy resin - example only) to keep the new keyboard in place.


Add a comment

Hi Mary,

Take a look at this video:

Does that look like your keyboard?

Careful with the ribbon cables.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


Yes, it looks like this, but the panel on the top is covered by a riveted plate that is where the keyboard is, and the video doesn't tell you how to remove that plate and keyboard. Thanks for your help, but I don't think it will work.


Mary, you replace the whole assembly, as Jayeff points out above.


Add a comment

Add your answer

marytress66 will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 3

All Time: 347