Parts & Tools

Why is my ps4 turning off when I start a game

Earlier today I was playing fortnite because I recently wiped my ps4 because of crashing and on reddit people were telling me to and then I got off because textures weren’t loading the entire time so I went into safe mode and rebuilt data base (another suggestion by reddit users) once I was done with that it was working fine and I had the same issue with textures so I got off and now when I turn it on Netflix is only working every time I try to get on a game it starts the loading process and then the screen goes black and the light bar on the ps4 stays white for about 10 seconds turns off the ps4 and then it brings me to the screen as if I unplaced my ac power cord. This issue keeps happening and I need an answer. Please and thank u to anyone willing to help.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

It is possible that the fans aren't working properly. Make sure no fans are blocked and if possible take a compressed air canister and use it on the fans, or just use a vacuum cleaner.

I s cleaned it yesterday and it only happens sometimes @johnodon

Have you replaced your power adapter (the thing that plugs into the PS4)? If this helps please mark this question Answered

BrownyM16_ Gaming will be eternally grateful.