Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Question Closed

Phone fuctions but screen doesn't turn on?

It was dropped in water for seconds. After a few days of rice and some hair drying I'm trying to get it back to working order. The phone fuctions when I plug it in I hear the sound. I can make it vibrate and slide the panel to get to apps. But the screen stays completely black so I can't see anything. I've done the resets. Factory reset it held buttions down. I don't know what to do. Anyone know?

Anyone know what I can do?

I would open it and clean the logic board of corrosion with distilled water and isopropyl alcohol (91+%). Be careful when trying to detach the LCD and digitizer cables -- I would suggest to soak them without detaching them because they may have become weak and brittle from corrosion.