Why won't my laptop turn on?
kind of a complicated situation here, so I’m making my own thread asking about it. my laptop is an acer aspire a515-51
- pressing the power button doesn’t turn on the laptop
- power cycling does nothing (I’ve tried about 15 times)
- reseating the ram does nothing
- pressing the reset button on the back of the laptop (the one you use a pin to press) does nothing
- unplugging/plugging back in the keyboard does nothing
- repeatedly pressing the button near the ram to “clean” it does nothing
- taking out the battery results in the charging light not turning on, while it turns on otherwise
- about a day after the problem first occured, the laptop started turning itself on without my input, turning off 5-10 seconds later, and repeating the process about 10 times just to start again maybe ten minutes later. I couldn’t hear the fans or anything like that starting up. pressing the power button continued to have no effect on anything.
- ^ after the last bullet point happened, I let the random turning on/off drain the charge to see what would happen. now when I plug in the charger, the charging light flashes orange (this has never happened before) and won’t stop no matter how long it’s plugged in for. pressing the power button while this is happening does nothing.
- the inside doesn’t look terribly dirty, like yeah it’s not perfect in there but I can’t imagine it’s dirty enough to cause all of this?
I can’t tell if it’s the battery, the charger, the motherboard, or something else entirely, maybe a combination of several things? I don’t want to go buying replacement parts for the wrong things
Is this a good question?