Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Cant hear from ear piece after changing lcd

i recently changed my lcd display but now all of a sudden i cant hear anything when i call unless i use speaker phone. My housing didn't come with a mesh screen so there is nothing protecting it. Im guessing dust got in there , has anyone had this problem? do i need to replace the ear piece?

When you tear down your iPhone to get to the digitiser, you have to take out the logic board. Once this is removed the earpiece receiver is then visible and you will see two exposed feet. These feet then make contact with the logic board therefore making the earpiece receiver work. You have possibly dislodged the earpiece therefore moving the feet so they can't make contact with the logic board.

All you need to do is reseat the earpiece and you should be good to go :)

Hope this helps!

Eric will be eternally grateful.