Released September 22, 2017. Model A1863, A1905. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Will disconnecting the front proximity sensor cause no sound

I have disconnected the front proximity sensor on both the iphone 7 and iphone 8 models to stop the bootlooping issue, and have lost just the selfie camera capability, however, this time around, I have issues with the speaker as well. I can only hear on headphones or speakerphone….I changed the speaker, and still have the issue…any ideas?

Hello, I am well aware of the audio IC issue, and this phone doesn’t have it……so I am so frustrated….

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Hey, is the contact disconnected atm?

If you disconnect it and that stops the bootloop then there is a fault in your front camera flex/als/proximity.

You need to replace it.

It controlls the screens brightnes, the front camera, the function where the screen gets dark when lifting it to your ear in a call, the earspeaker function beacuse that flex is the only thing that connects the earspeaker to the motherboard.

When you set the contact down to the motherboard besure that you get it down on both right and left side, sometimes it only gets down on one side.

Most Helpful Answer

Maybe I just misunderstood your troubleshooting, but if you disconnected the top ALS/proximity/front cam cable the top speaker will be disconnected too, that’s the only via to the logic board for it. Or do I miss something here ?

No, you didn't miss a thing, that is why it is driving me crazy, because this isn't the first time I have done it, and honestly, the only functionality lost was the selfie camera portion. I don't understand it myself, in fact, I don't even understand why disconnecting it stops the bootlooping in the first place, lol.

@iphonefanatik Probably you have a faulty component up there, hard to tell which one, but replacing the flex cable should fix all issues, a quite easy and inexpensive replacement. If issues would still persist then it might be something got damaged around the connector on the board, but that's not very likely on an iPhone 8. Make sure you buy a top quality replacement as cheap stuff might not support truetone.

If the speakerphone option is “greyed” out during a phone call, this is an Audio IC failure. Here is more information on this failure and options for getting it fixed:

https://www.ipadrehab.com/article.cfm?Ar...

Score -1

We talk about an iPhone 8 here and the ear speaker was disconnected, how does this match with the article you're linking ?

Rachel Kelley will be eternally grateful.