0

Jim
13

broken screen and/or lcd?

The question is ! Do you have to buy the lcd and screen together ??

I broke my iPod 4G screen and have been surfing the web for 2 weeks now and watching videos on YouTube for repairing the unit and have found videos doing both, outter screen and also "under, inner" LCD for the iPod 4g

just replacing the outer screen,

just replacing the lcd,

and replacing "both" the under lcd and outer screen ???

Sooooo, my question is: can just the outter screen be replaced on the unit without replacing the "under" lcd ??

Some people love making it easy and spending more money (for lcd/screen as 1 unit), but I love saving money and will go the extra mile , taking the extra time to take apart carefully the screen & lcd and replacing just the "outer" screen , thus saving myself alotta money for parts I dont need .

'''This is the question !

Can I just replace the outer screen ??'''Email me at: TrooperJT@juno.com

Edited by: Derek Halman ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

Derek Halman, . . . . . . . and in short . . . . I understand that they are glued together from the factory, but, I have found that on the internet (Ebay), you can purchase them separately and also found videos on YouTube and/or the internet how to replace them separately ! I found that on Ebay the outer screen digitizer goes for an average selling price of $18.00 and the LCD separately goes for approximately $24.00, give or take, soo If or when I get mine apart, I would see that it only needed the outter screen and save myself $24. If it needed the inner/under LCD I would then order that part separately also. I have checked prices on both together as 1 unit and have found approximately prices of $79.99 and/or repairs for same price including the parts ?? . . . . . continued below . .

Jim,

1

Derek, I am confused. Jim is asking for an iPod touch 4th gen and you are linking your parts and guides to iPhone 4. should the link not be iPod Touch 4th Generation Front Panel Replacement for the guide and iPod Touch Gen 4 Display Assembly for the part. @ jim check this question http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/44141... it should answer yours as well. Of course, if you do a Google search you will find them cheaper. the difference is that ifixit uses quality parts and stands behind their products. Hope this makes sense. Good Luck

iPod Touch Gen 4 Display Assembly

A brand-new replacement screen and digitizer, hand inspected by an iFixit tech. The LCD and front panel glass are fused together and must be replaced as a single part to fix a broken screen. Includes display assembly and adhesive strips necessary for inst — 26 available at 34.95 each.

0

Derek Halman

Please refer to oldturkey03's post. My answer was based on incorrect assumptions.

Edited by: Derek Halman ( )

. . . . . continued from above . . . ... Derek Halman, . . . . . . . and in short . . . . Why is yours $150. ?? Do you own this company and/or market for it(conflict of interest) ? Why are you advocating this specific repair location etc . . . . . ? Then why are there people out there that are able to fix them and/or sell the parts separately or as one unit for the 4G if you say you cant do it ? Please reply. This is a question, not advice. Soo before I order the part(s) and/or take it apart, give me some pointers and/or advice. "COMMENTS, ADVICE, EMAILS WELCOME" TrooperJT@juno.com

Jim,

Wow, I'm sorry, I misread the post as iPhone 4g, that's what I get for logging in before getting out of bed. I'll edit my post to acknowledge my error, thank you for pointing that out oldturkey.

Derek Halman,