iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

External speaker quiet, what's the problem?

Hey all,

So about 4 months ago my external speaker decided to go all quiet on me. It still makes sound, but at about 5-10% what it should.

I was wondering, how can I diagnose where something is going wrong? I'd hate to replace the speaker an not have it fix my problem.

I'm a techie type guy, so I've already tried all the obvious reset/muteswitch/update type troubleshooting. Especially over the course of how long its been.

Thanks in advance!

Take the case apart following this guide: iPhone 4 Speaker Enclosure Replacement

When you get to step 24 clean all the contacts for the speaker, ensure there is no obstructions, blow all the dust out (there will be a lot) then reseat them and re-assemble.

Mentioned Items

Chava Sobreyra will be eternally grateful.