dp50747 turns on then back off after 20 sec

what is the board marked alarm signal and does that have something to do with my tv turning off by itself

checked fuses all good please help

by jason

my tv is two years old never a problem until now

by jason

Most Helpful Answer

Check the manual available here I am not sure if you already checked the power failure circuit. This unit is equipped with a power failure detector function and will turn your unit of to protect from further damage. Good Luck. Also check this post

Check for bulging capacitors and replace them. My TV had 9 bad capacitors and would not turn on at all after awhile. I replaced the bad ones and resolved the issue.

Total Cost: $17.20

I am new to this board. My symptoms same as above. I have tried to access the manual link above but get the message I need to ask its owner for permission to view the item. How am I supposed to figure out who need to give their permission? And how to contact them to get it.

Heavyhook, that would be me. See the Avatar? That is my user Avatar and username, if you click on it, it will take you to a summary. Most of us regulars on here have our email listed so you can contact us for things like this. This "board" is mostly populated by volunteers, not ifixit staff. So we all try to have a pleasant experience on here. Since a few of us store some of our own service manuals on personal servers, you will sometimes get a bad link. That is because we either pay for storage or are limited to bandwidth and have to make adjustments. Anyhow, all you have to do is ask....here it is Good Luck

by oldturkey03

Depending on the chassis version and whether the TV restarts again after it shuts off that could lead to completely different boards.

On the plasma versions of DP50747 made with Samsung display this is usually the main sustain board and the two buffer boards, which are definitely the most common failure for the trio. When they are bad the TV will simply shut off without ever starting and it will stay shut.

In the DP50747 plasma versions with LG displays this is usually one of the two sustain boards and sometimes the YSUS buffer boards as well, althoigh not as commonly as with the Samsung versions. The TV would still stay shut once it shuts off.

For both plasma versions there are also occasional, albiet less common, failures on the power board, which may lead to similar behavior or , for example, the TV running OK for a short while and then shutting off; it may then refuse to come on again for a while (if you try it) and then sometimes it might.

In the LCD variants of DP50747 it could be the main board; when so the TV would fall into a cycle powering on , staying on for 15-20 seconds, shutting off and then powering on again in 1-2 seconds...and looping like that.

For more details and according repairs search for the appropriate chassis version at http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/search or just search for Sanyo at http://blog.coppelltvrepair.com .

My Sanyo TV turn on then turn right back off

jason will be eternally grateful.