iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Change serial number on iPhone from one to another.

My iphone warranty is over.. is it possible i can switch my device completely to my wifes iphone? And then call apple to replace my busted iphone (speaker issue)

Avoid jail time and only spend a couple bucks and you can fix this problem yourself (or rather with our help). Here is the part that it sounds like you are looking for, as well as the guide for how to install it.

Good luck; hope this helps!

Mentioned Items

+ nice answer

by mayer

Sure, it's called fraud and I hope they prosecute you. Maybe a little time in jail would teach you not steal. You can take lessons from SIMRAN, he's another one: http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/57097...

still i have done nothing ok i do not mind whatever you say or think about me i junked asked can we do nor not or possible or not? okay

by SIMRAN

yes SIM, I see where you erased your question on committing fraud, good choice. Hopefully this guy will do the same. I just don't care much for thieves.

by mayer

Look no one is asking what your opinion on anything. I'm not stealing a phone, I just want the stupid thing replaced by apple. I stood in line for 12 hours for this stupid iphone and for it to mess up like this and apple not fixing it.

by subhan

Here's where you can get AppleCare for your iPhone to extend the period of time for warranty repair work: http://www.apple.com/support/products/ip...

by mayer

steady on old chap. mayer is right that changing these things is fraud and something that ifixit cannot condone. Once you remove your device from the housing your warranty is void, and so would your wife's... so that kind of rules out your idea of swapping. If the problem is the speaker phone then it is cheap and easy to repair yourselfhttp://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Insta... we will gladly help you to fix it yourself, as long as we are all playing by the rules.

by pollytintop

Mayer is right, I CANNOT CONDONE to help you do this, i will NOT go to jail as a "witness" who helped you do this

There is 3 things i do not condone

1. ANY TYPE OF FRAUD!

2. Tobacco

3. Scamming a customer

You may not condone tobacco use for yourself but the vast sums of tax money brought in by 42 million smokers floats the boat. Just think about it, Obama raised the taxes on a pound of roll your own tobacco, the tobacco used by the poorest of people from $1.09 per pound to $24.78 per pound in 2009. This is the same government that started giving away cigarettes to the 16 million servicemen in WWII and continued through the Viet Nam War. Do you think a serviceman today has to pay any taxes on those smokes? In 1964 a pack of cigarettes was 18 cents, it's now about $6.50 a pack, per day. Nicotine is more addictive than heroin. Your government is the greatest drug pusher of all time. So much for the war on drugs. http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.p... http://askville.amazon.com/American-sold...

by mayer

While we’re at it, let look at the state lotteries. These rips offs were brought in ten or fifteen years ago and the voters approved it because the money was going to go to schools. It’s well know that lotteries appeal to the poorest less educated in the society. Well it took about five years and then all those funds went into the general fund and not the schools. When the mob ran the “numbers game” the take was 20%. The states only return about 45% of the funds taken in and then tax the bejesus out of the winnings. Just who’s the bigger criminal? A one term congressman gets the same pay and health benefits for life. No Social Security or MediCare for these boys.

by mayer

I think you means accessory, not witness. Accessory (legal term), a person who assists a criminal but is not present at the crime

by mayer

that's correct you are not a lawyer... So stop talking about the law and this bs no has asked you to comment about.

by subhan

Yes! it CAN be done.

Send it to Apple and they will change the flash memory size for you too if you want them to.

Here is the hard truth.

$25,000 fine

2 to 5 years Federal Pen time

Free record for LIFE

Now let us think logically.

If you stood in line for 12 hours for the dang thing, AND it is broken, AND you are too cheap to let an iphone repair shop replace the part for $35.00 (+/-) then definately, go for broke!

unklbyl

I think little out of box, as he owns both serial numbers,he owns both phones,so he is legal owner of both and i think have right to use both phones,even serial numbers as he likes,as he owns it both.He pay for both,other side is is it moral to use it for intended purpose.What if he wants just to transfer serial number of hardware from one same device to other without plans to make fraud,have he right to do that then? For example if i transfer with time part by part from spare device to that one i use it, and with time that one device what is in use have changed so much that deserve to reflect that other serial number,as have most part of it inside or even outside,and that is i think really fair-play,got what i think,now?

Let me say clear,for sake of freedom i think he have right to change serial number from one same device that he owns to other same device that he owns too. Who is owner of both that exact same devices,Apple? or him! He don't rent,he buy ownership of hardware and serial numbers goes with it. Right?

Other story is if he go use or misuse his right. What if he just exchange most or crucial part of interior from one to another ,do he have then right to change ,better to say transfer serials number of hardware from one device to other? As he is legal owner of both. That is question of ownership for me. He owns both hardware,that is fact or not?

So he own both serial number of hardware ,that is fact ,too. Simply as that.

Yes i do not support any sort of fraud,too. Just thinking that he have some rights as owner or hardware.Even software what he buy and legally owns right to use it on one device,i think he have right to erase it from one device and to install to other.

Real question is what we buy? What right we have as owners? What we own? Sure we own hardware and hardware number. That is what i think.

no you cannot change just the serial number . which thing you have a problem in this phone? means to say ringer is not working or speaker phone from which we listen of others ?

subhan will be eternally grateful.