Monitor turns off randomly.
I have a BenQ 27 inch monitor. I hook the monitor to my laptop to have a larger display. It was working fine for a year.
Recently the monitor shuts off every 1~2 minutes, and after another 1~2 minutes turns back on. This cycle goes over and over. A few observations are as follows.
- During the turn off, its green power button also turns off (the power button will not become orange). That means, it is not just the display that goes off, but it seems the whole power of monitor goes off. I suspect this is a power issue.
- During the time when the monitor is on, there is no problem with the display itself. I doubt it this is the issue with the graphic card of a driver related issue.
- Changing the power cord, or power outlet does not help. It is also connected firmly.
- Changing the cords of either VGA, HDMI, Display port and their connectors does not affect the issue.
- Using a different laptop/PC or operating system connected to the monitor does not affect this issue. Also, my laptop works fine with other monitors.
My attempt to fix it:
I suspected this might be a bad capacitor on the power board. I neither found a bulged capacitor by a visual inspection, nor there was a smell or noise from capacitors. However, I ordered a couple of capacitors online with the same specs, and replaced some of them on the power board. The issue still persists.
I do not think I am able to find which component on the board is causing the issue. So, I want to just order a whole board from a vendor.
Before spending time and money on ordering a board, I want to (almost) make sure if it is the power board issue at all, or maybe the main board (graphic board) issue?