Released September 25, 2015. Model A1688/A1633. Repair of this device is similar to previous generations, requiring screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 16, 32, 64, or 128 GB / Silver, Gold, Space Gray, or Rose Gold options.

Is battery adhesive necessary?

After performing a screen and battery replacement, I realised I forgot to adhere the new battery down to the casing. However, I've not notice anything adverse since doing it. Should I have stuck the new battery back down? What is the consequences of not adhering the new battery down?

Apologies, my Google Fu has failed me today.

It is not necessary,but recommended. It can rattle around a little bit and could bump against the inside of the screen. Really,it would be annoying to have it rattle around,and it could bang the screen. Overall,you definitely can get by just fine without replacing it.

Need adhesive. The cable from the battery will get damaged overtime. Even using scotch tape in a loop is better than nothing to stick both sides.

Casey will be eternally grateful.