Fluke's 77 Series III Multimeter is an industrial quality, all-around performance multimeter. Part replacements for the device range from simple to moderately complex, depending on the problem.

Could somone please do a repair tutorial on the continuity buzzer

My Fluke doesnt beep when i measure for continutiy but unfortunatly i dont know where to start with the troubleshooting. Regards, Thomas

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Thomas!

Have you done the test to change the battery or fuse inside?

iFixit has the available tutorials:

Fluke 77 Series III Fuse Replacements

Fluke 77 Series III Battery Replacement

Fluke 77 Series III Battery Image

Guide

Fluke 77 Series III Battery Replacement

Difficulty:

Easy

5 minutes

Fluke 77 Series III Fuse Image

Guide

Fluke 77 Series III Fuse Replacements

Difficulty:

Easy

7 minutes

Hy ,

really cool that you anwsered so fast. Well the battery is ok as i can measure Volts and Ohms and other stuff. Just the buzzer doesnt work. I will change the fuses next and let you know if it works. Thanks so far.

Regards, Thomas

@kammerlt

With pleasure, tell us what happens after the fuse is replaced.

Hey guys sorry that it took so long to anwser. i ended up bringing the fluke to a repair shop as replaicing the fuse didnt help, anyway thanks a lot for your help :-)

I know this is late, but there is a small disk that goes behind everything. You have to get a replacement for it. If everything works fine minus the noise for the continuity test. You are missing the disk. I am trying to find it myself.

The small metal disk is a buzzer or sounder. Check if it works with a Signal Generator if you have one. It will sound if you apply a 3KHz Square wave 3 to 4v PtoP.

If it does not it is dead, replace it. If it does then the connections to the disc are broken somewhere and you need to repair that. Be sure you have not turned OFF the buzzer somehow. Some Flukes have that feature.

Thomas Kammerlander will be eternally grateful.