Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Screen borked after dropping. All I see are LINES.

My macbook pro dropped from a height of 10" from my bed to the floor and landed on its side. It sort of slid and couldn't have hit that hard, but I don't know if that's enough to jangle the screen LCD bits inside. The screen shows at first some lines, then like a psychedelic color pattern that looks kind of like denim and that changes. All over the screen. Is it a disconnected video cable? What can I do about this and how pricey will it be to get fixed?

Hook it up to an external monitor and see if the picture is clear. We have to determine via a process of elimination what happened. Could just be a poorly connected cable.

mlleelleelle will be eternally grateful.