Parts & Tools

Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

Flexes Don't Line Up With Logic Board Sockets

Hey there, I just got a housing replacement with the flexes and parts already installed. I have noticed that the dock connector flex does not line up with the dock connector socket on the logic board (it is just 2-3 millimeters off but I cannot connect it at all even if I move the flex around) and the upper cable connector is just slightly to the right so I cannot connect that either. Does anybody have a solution? It would be hugely appreciated as I need to repair this phone ASAP.

Sorry for tagging you @refectio but I thought that you’d know a solution as you are a very knowledgable and active member here.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Hi @rafay99

I have had this issue many times with the iPhone 7 and 8 charging port replacements. The best way to ensure the connector alignment is to connect the cable to the logic board, wrap it around underneath the board and tape it against the bottom side. Once you’ve done this, you can put the logic board into the iPhone frame and stick the charging port down where it needs to be to preserve the alignment. After that, you can continue to install the charging port as normal.

Best of luck!

Hey, I tried this but as soon as I put the logic board into position the charging port flex disconnects.

I'm thinking that you have a bad connector at this point then. Hopefully its only the charging port flex that's bad and a higher quality replacement charging port should install a lot easier.

Most Helpful Answer

Compare the flex on your new casing with the old one. Oftentimes new parts don’t have the flex cables folded, and you need to do it yourself to get everything to fit.

Hey, I have folded them but they still dont line up! I have moved them around and folded them but am having no luck. If I move it too much then the flash moves out of place.

the 7 has 2 white dots on the shell that should line up with 2 holes in the charge port flex (near the connector end), this is so they line up, if you having problems getting them lined up then unstick the charge port flex off the shell and line the holes up with the dots, you may need to remove the loud speaker inorder to adjust the flex correctly.

if you have messed about with the connector too much you may need another charge port flex or it will keep popping off.

This is a common problem with the 7 dock flex. I have just finished replacing one and had the same problem. I ended up connecting the dock flex first than putting the board in and working backwards. Hopefully there is not too much adhesive on yours so you can do the same.

You must have the incorrect dock charging port There is different once for different phones

For exanple an iPhone 6 dock charging connector will not fit an iPhone 7

No, that is definitely not the case, the charging port, loud speaker and taptic engine all came from a working functional iPhone 7 that was iCloud Locked.

Rafay Siddiqui will be eternally grateful.