The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

Ps3 won't turn on. Beeps 3 times. No red/yellow light flashing.

So, I tried to turn my ps3 on this morning and I noticed that it would not power up. I decided to unplug it but still had the same problem. I flipped the switch in the back to the off position and then back to the on position. Thats when I noticed that the "RED" light that indicates power to the unit was not on. I have tried to to turn the ps3 on numerous times with no success. The only thing that happens is the console beeps 3 times and then it shuts down. There are no RED or YELLOW flashing light... It just beeps 3 times and then it shuts down. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Or if there is a quick fix. Your input would be greatly APPRECIATED!!!

Sounds like it's either the power supply or the motherboard. Unfortunately, diagnosing exactly what part of the motherboard is bad is a very difficult task, and if a new power supply doesn't fix it, you would probably be looking at an entire new motherboard.

Sleepy Will will be eternally grateful.