In 2012, Sony Entertainment announced that the company would be releasing a new version of its 2006 Playstation 3 console. The new console is call the Playstation 3 Super Slim and is identified by the model number, CECH-4000. The PlayStation 3 Super Slim (CECH400x) is the third version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released October 25, 2012.

PS3 Super Slim will not turn on, no lights

My Red God of War PS3 Super Slim will no longer turn on. I recently moved and finally pulled it out of the box. It turned on briefly and then immediately shut off. I troubleshot the system and determined the power supply was dead. I ordered a new power supply, installed it, and the console turned on briefly and shut off again. I took the entire thing apart and put it back together again thinking maybe there was a short somewhere. It still will not turn on and no lights come on on the front. Is the motherboard dead?

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Maybe try putting it in safety mode.

Is it going red light to yellow light then flashing red light when trying to turn it on?

If yes the main processor has overheated. There's no fix for this other than a reflow which will only allow the console to last a few months longer.

Imo better move on to a PS4.

I get no lights at all when I plug it in. I've already got a PS4, but I still use my PS3 for older games and some of the games I purchased off the PSN.

The system board ended up being dead. I bought a new PS3 and just moved the hard drive over.

William will be eternally grateful.