Connect and command your Apple computer wirelessly.

Changed batteries and it doesn't power up after that.

I have changed batteries in my wireless keyboard and when I wanted to turn on keyboard it couldn't be turned on? It was working fine before that. Made sure batteries are installed properly, still it can not be turned on! Help, please. Thank you!

Does it work with the old batteries put back in?

Mine did not start up, the capslock key fell out the first day I got it, we should get a new keyboard.

I found the solution on the apple forum:

Take all Batteries Out.

Roll up a small piece of Tin Foil about the size of a Pea.

Drop the Tin Foil Ball down the Battery Compartment.

Put your Batteries Back In.

You should have a Working Keyboard.

This worked for several people on here including me.

I'm still running 2 months later with my rolled up piece of Tin Foil in my Battery Compartment.

I know it sounds Crazy. That's what I first thought.

Apparently Apple did not make the + Terminal Inside the Keyboard correctly.

Try it. What have you got to lose?

thaaaaanks... it works!!!!!

Yes, yes, yes thank you Jensekin it worked for me too!!!

I'm so glad that i didn't trow it away :-)

I had a keyboard that went bad because of a bleeding battery. I cleaned it up and tried to fire it up to no avail. I was real unhappy because I couldn't take it apart to get in do do more. I couldn't believe that the foil trick would work, but it did1 Your advice and an insignificant piece of foil and I have my expensive keyboard back. Wow! Thank you muchos!

Thank you soo much! Worked perfectly! :D

Just worked fore me too I had already replaced one keyboard! This was the first battery change on the new keyboard and it would not power up with the new batteries. I pea sized piece of foil.Instant result!thanks

Long story but explains why this pea tinfoil idea works, whilst at the same time leaving a question I hope someone else can answer . . . . . .

A few months back my wireless keyboard also just packed up completely. I couldn't work out what was wrong but it did seem that when I put the batteries into the keyboard they were sticking out further than before, so it was a bit more difficult to put the battery cover cap back on. I tried a few different things unsuccessfully and then gave up and dumped it in a drawer.

I had another go this morning and had an idea - a bad one, albeit with a postive result - to try and screw or push the battery terminal inside down into the battery compartment, in case the connection had been separated. I did this by putting double-sided sticky tape onto the handle of a wooden spoon to try and push/screw it back down. My 'ingenious' idea had an unexpected outcome in that when I pulled the spoon out I also pulled out the +positive connector from inside the keyboard, leaving the spring underneath exposed.

Now the batteries are in direct contact with the spring and the keyboard works just fine.

Clearly the tinfoil idea is a far better one than my brutal approach but what I'm a bit mystified by is the +positive on the battery can not even touch the metal connector, which is set too deep inside a plastic frame that stops it from touching it. . . . so was there something else inside that has fallen out that the pea tinfoil acts as a replacement for ?. . . . answsers on a postcard please. . . .

Now the mouse won't talk to the keyboard

Got one of these keyboards from recycling and the foil method worked! Thanks.

I encountered the same problem. I was mislead by the "dummy battery" inside the battery compartment, think that it was positive terminal facing upwards. So naturally when inserted battery with positive terminal facing the lid, it will have wrong polarity. After I reverse the battery terminal, with positive terminal inserted facing down, keyboard works like a charm. Really a silly and misleading design. First it misled me into thinking that there is a third battery stuck inside, second it misled me into aligning the wrong polarity of the battery as I did not notice the polarity when I remove the old batteries. Hope this sharing helps!

A perfect explanation of the problem as I saw it. My keyboard works fine now.

Bad replacement batteries?

I tried to put old batteries back in and bought new batteries 3 times, but still nothing. Thank you for your help.

Thanks to Jensekin (and several posters at the Apple Support Communities forums), my Apple Wireless Keyboard is now working again! It was bought in April 2008 from Amazon, so is now close to four years old, but it's still in good shape, and would have been a shame to throw away.

By the way, I had already cleaned the contacts and checked for dirt inside the barrel, not speaking of testing with several sets of batteries. I can even testify that the spring inside the barrel is still working - but obviously it isn't strong enough any more, as only the aluminium foil ball brought the keyboard back to life again.

Best wishes from frosty southern Germany.

I tried the pea-sized foil, several different "pea" sizes... Each time, the green light came on for a second or 2 then started blinking--33 times blink-blink, then finally the green light went off altogether.

The flashes indicate that the keyboard is in "pairing" mode. If near a computer or iPad in discoverable Bluetooth mode, you will see the keyboard available to connect. If it is paired already, it will not do this flashing, just stay on for a few seconds.

This is also happening for me. Tinfoil worked to get the battery lights coming back on. It shows up as paired but then the light starts flashing and it turns off altogether. Any additional suggestions? Without the tinfoil it is completely unresponsive but with it I get a glimmer of hope but still cannot connect

It worked for me too. I'm typing on thing right now. The tin foil trick worked for me. Not every key works though. But I am working on it. Watch this amazing video about testing and repair the keys of this type of keyboard: https://youtu.be/7i5D8xPsGCk

PB

I had this issue after spending the better part of a day removing severely corroded batteries. I was devastated to find it didn't turn on after all the work I put in.

I looked at everything more closely and noticed a key thing. The screw holding the logic board into place is the negative terminal for the batteries! When I put everything back together I didn't tighten that enough *and* I had a bunch of dust and crud in the screw threads on the end cap as a result of the cleaning. I gave it a good rub with a paper towel and Q-Tip and voila! Back in business!

VesK will be eternally grateful.