USB device not recognized/device malfunctioned.
I first noticed this problem a few days ago when trying to download some pictures of my phone. Every time I plugged it in I got the message "USB device not recognized "so I stopped trying and today my phone died so I plugged it to my wall charger, came back hours later turned it on and it showed low battery and died and when I pluged it into my computer it still showed that message and when I clicked the message it showed that "the device malfunctioned" and that "there are no drivers installed for this device" I thought it was the cable sadly that wasn’t the case some people say it’s the battery but I think it might be the dock connector that’s bad since the device is not being recognized on many computers and with different cables.
Does anyone know whats wrong?Please Help.
You said, "but I think it might be the dock connector that’s bad since the device is not being recognized on many computers and with different cables."
Clean the iPhone dock port, carefully blow out any dust and debris. Moisten a lint free cloth with isopropyll alcohol and carefully but thoroughly clean the dock port, especially the pins which are on top of the port mid rib.