Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

How to replace home button?

How do I replace the home button without damaging the digitizer?

just follow the usual procedure for removing the digitiser.. I don't tend to use the hot gun but each to their own. I've not managed to break a digitiser yet... just go slowly and prise all sides up a little at a time.

what's the usual procedure?

iPhone 3G Front Panel Replacement er that's the one I meant. silly me thought that as Jared has been here a few times already he knew what I meant... but forgot others following this might not be so savvy. nice one mayer!

I knew what you meant polly ;) Ive done it many times before but always while removing broken ones. I've never had to worry about damaging it and I dont know how I would do it without a heat gun??

Jared will be eternally grateful.