Alexis SamplePad - Common blue-display bricked device > seeking repair

Polling the experts for a solution to this very common error on these Alexis devices. There is a history with these drum pads dying with this blue-screen failure where they are non-responsive. No error displayed on the screen, attempts at a factory reset are not successful. The vendor will not comment directly and only sends customers over to their service group for non/warranty repairs. Does anyone have any experience with this unit they can share?? Customer options seems to be either re-paying 80% of the original purchase price to hopefully get their unit magically returned in a functional state and hope for the best going forward, or discard and replace with a newer model….

Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.

FYI: Still no luck chasing this one down. No YouTube hacks have been found and I have recently reached out to Alesis parts department about the error and their ability to identify/provide the proper part for this common failure. I also reached out to their sub-contracted East Coast service center to see if they could provide any technical assistance. (To give this private business due credit, they were skilled and quite knowledgeable when I last visited with a band mate and their store/shop was a very interesting museum-like collection of rebuilt and repaired instruments from decades past. I suspect they have also paid their due to Alesis to have the privilege of servicing their instruments… :(

I just received a repair estimate from the Alexis service center. No itemized parts, no breakdown on labor, no technical info... Just an estimate for $120. SMH.