From the Inspiron series 15 model 5558 released in 2015 by Dell. A mid-level laptop with a 15.6-inch display and fifth generation Intel processor.

My laptop don't give display on windows

my laptop fell from my lap once, from that day when ever i press my start button it dont give display of dual boot menu, after far while its automaticaly boots into linux and start giving display,

no display during starting logo time+boot menu+booting into window

gives display on linux only , and gives full display on hdmi also

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Irtaza Raja  if it displays on the laptops LCD screen in Linux but not Windows it will be your Windows OS that has issues. The HDMI display is a good sign as well since you know that your GPU circuitry etc. is all working as should. Try a new Windows install. Of course you did not say that it displays on the laptop LCD. So if you are using an external monitor for all OS’s then there is the possibility that this is your screen.

already tried installing windows again , but same results

thanks oldturkey03

So it displays Linux on the computers LCD?

yes linux runs fine on laptop lcd

It cannot be a hardware issue since it does work with a different OS. What happens when you do a complete reinstall of windows?

same results, just changed little bit.. like now when i press my power button it starts beep beep ... so if i have to use linux i have to connect hdmi and than press the the power button it runs fine on hdmi when its boots into linux i unplug the hdmi and laptop display work fine than.. n right now i am reply using linux without hdmi ,

same Technic is not useful on window, it works fine in hdmi mode but when i unplug the hdmi screen doesn't turn on ..

Check BIOS settings for default display.

Resetting the System Setup (BIOS) to its Default Settings

1. Reboot the computer.
  2. When you see the Dell logo during POST, press the <F2> key to enter the setup screen.
  3. On the System Setup screen, click Load Defaults.
  4. Confirm to load the defaults.

done , still the same problem

Irtaza Raja will be eternally grateful.