Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Loud Speaker doesn't work anymore in WhatsApp!

My loud speaker suddenly doesn’t work anymore with WhatsApp-Call, others can hear me just when I turn it off (so I can’t speak while driving for example).

What I tried?

-Turned microphon off and on again

-Reinstalled WhatsApp

When I call someone without WhatsApp and turn on the loud speaker, they can hear me, so this problem is JUST in WhatsApp.

Can someone help, please?

Normal calls the sound u hear comes through the earpiece at the top and ur voice goes through the microphone at the bottom of the phone, in a loudspeaker call the sound u hear comes from the bottom speaker and the other person hears u through the microphone at the top which is next to the earpiece speaker... clean all the speaker holes and the mic holes then clean the speaker grill at the top.

This doesn't make sense to me since the problem only appears when turning loud speaker on at WhatsApp-Call?!

No experts here?! :/

Nope sorry lol

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

If this is after a speaker repair/replacement, start from the beginning. Tear-down the phone again, take apart the LCD and check the speaker. Make sure that there is no damage to either the speaker, or the ribbon cable that it sits on with the 4 gold contacts.

If this is not after a speaker repair. Check that both the phone, and the Application are up to date.

I did not change anything on my phone and both iOS and WhatsApp are up to date.

That's clearly not a hardware issue. If it wasn't working at all someone would have already answered your question at the time it was asked. You may find an answer from Whatsapp developers/customers service or try a full iPhone restore (remember to back up data before as that will erase all and everything).

Thank you, this makes me hope my phone isnt' broken somehow!

Btw: Normal Calls/WhatsApp calls don't use different microphones? So the iPhone 6 just have one microphone?

@bajlk The iPhone actually has 3 microphones, one on the bottom used for normal calls, one on top front side used for video calls etc and one on top backside next to the camera used for video recordings. But loudspeaker is just one on the bottom and since you asked about loudspeaker I just answered about that one :) If others can't hear you on whatapp calls but you can hear them, the problem is likely on top front microphone, a quite easy and inexpensive repair.

But speaking via loud speaker at normal calls and WhatsApp calls use the same microphone, so when it works with normal calls my microphone can‘t be broken?

@bajlk Yes, that's right, speakerphone and whatsapp calls use the same top front microphone, thus I'd think this to be an App related glitch.

Bajlk will be eternally grateful.