Released September 21, 2018. Models A1921, A2101, A2102, A2104. Available as GSM or CDMA / eSIM or nano-SIM / 64, 256, or 512 GB / Silver, Gold, or Space Gray. (Pronounced "iPhone 10 S Max.")

Face ID is not available after drop

Hello

i have a problem regarding the Face ID of the iPhone XS Max. After dropping my phone on it’s back the glass on the back shattered.

But unfortunately since then the Face ID also doesn’t work anymore despite the fact that the front panel is in perfect condition.

The portrait mode with the front camera doesn’t work too. It doesn’t recognize my face properly.

my question is: Which part has a failure and how can I manage to bring the Face ID back to life again.

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Face ID will only work if apple does a screen replacement on the phone.

Chances are the flex for the FaceID sensor module is torn and will cause it to not work. Replacing it will not fix the problem as it requires apple to pair the part with the board which sucks.

Thanks for your answer.

Do you think it will help if I check the connectors?

I don't think so as every flex connector in the phone are covered by a metal plate to ensure they don't disconnect from drops.

This answer is not acceptable for the question that was asked.No offense but the flex cable in these scenarios is not a genuine answer.Well then was it genius you ask???

Survey says.........

Tru depth sensors are misaligned they are the empty black circles next to the actual camera module and if you need me to go any farther with this then you should definitely not fix it yourself.The sad part is this is the right answer but only few will see it because I fix it will not highlight it as such but I digress.

Fuad will be eternally grateful.