Unveiled at the 2000 North American International Auto Show on January 10, 2000, the redesigned 2001 Dodge Caravan and 2001 Chrysler Town & Country were released for sale in August 2000.

Radio and power locks aren't working after testing a plug for power

Tested a plug to see if it was hot cause I couldnt find where it went to. And I accidentally crossed power, the radio quit and the power locks dont work. I went through fuses n dont see any bad one. The radio is not factory so I checked the fuse on it also. All good. Is there another safety fuse hidden somewhere? Also the lid on box doesn't have power lock fuse locator?

@daveyjohn what exact year is your Dodge?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

@daveyjohn possibly that the aftermarket radio was wired to the power door lock circuit. Anyhow check fuse 14,19,31,and32, If all of those are okay you can try and disconnect the battery cable (keep it off for about an hour) and pull the IOD (BCM) fuse to reset the system. See if this will fix the door locks, at least for some time. The IOD fuse is on the left side of the fuse box under the hood, it is a 15 AMP fuse.

David Niesen will be eternally grateful.