The current line of iPod Touch comprises six (6) different generations.

Will not power off.

After powering off the apple logo cycles off and on until the battery is drained. The apple store tried resetting to original factory setting and did not fix the problem.

You need to re-ask this question. Once you hit the accept button we stop looking at it. Only hit the accept if your question has been answered.

After your iPod Touch battery has completely drained, try putting it in DFU mode and doing a complete system restore (which is different than simply restoring the factory settings).

1. Hold down POWER button and the HOME button for 10 seconds.

2. Keep holding down the HOME button, but let go of the POWER button.

3. After a few seconds of holding down the HOME button, plug the USB cable into the computer (one end should already be plugged in to either the computer or iPod, before you do this).

4. The iPod should appear in iTunes with a message saying that the

iPod is in Recovery mode. Click the 'Restore' button on the Summary tab of the iPod settings. Then, follow the onscreen instructions.

Thank You for your assistance. The process, however, did not fix the issue. It still cycles off and on just like it did before I implemented these steps. Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

I just sorted this problem with my iPod Touch 8Gb 1st Gen. It was the ON/OFF switch that had become faulty and was causing the Apple Logo to flash on & off every few seconds. When the Switch was changed it was as good as new. Smithtick

+ happens for iphones too!

Mr. Beer,

Thank You for your assistance. The process, however, did not fix the issue. It still cycles off and on just like it did before I implemented these steps. Are there any other suggestions? Thanks, Steve

I really wish I had another solution. I'm so sorry. Hopefully one of the knowledgable people on here will help you out. I'm sure somebody here must know the solution to your problem... Best of luck!

Steve will be eternally grateful.