Hybrid laptop/tablet manufactured by Microsoft. Released October 2015. Model 1703.

Why isn't my surface book clipboard not charging?

I just bought a surface book from ebay. I let it charge for a few hours while I went to class, when I came back it said Batter 1: 0% and not charging. I’ve tried everything, from resetting to repairing using the surface diagnostic tool. Nothing seems to work. I even tried manually charging the clipboard. But it just won’t charge. If I let the clipboard charge for an hour then it shows 88% and shuts down immediately after I unplug it. When I attach it back to the keyboard it says 88% not charging, 75% not charging, until it reaches 0. The keyboard charges fine, the only problem is with the clipboard.

If you bought it second hand, go find the seller.

Issues with laptops not charging correctly are usually related to a bad battery, a damaged charging port, or a damaged charging cord. Have you tried exchanging the clipboard’s battery and/or charging cord? This may fix the issue.

Hardy Man will be eternally grateful.