Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

My down button keeps going down even if you don't touch it

I was watching a video in youtube when suddenly the sound in the video keeps lowering down. i keep increasing the volume using up button, but the volume keeps going down. then i realize maybe my down button is stuck so i watched a video about this problem, i saw one try to do it. i remove the button, clean it and put it back in one piece. i thought it works but few hours later the volume keeps going down so i came here and ask if you guys knows how to resolve this problem.

ps: not very good in english so am sorry if my grammar is bad

Did you have a liquid spill into the keyboard/trackpad at some point?

Yes, but the next day i went to the repair shop to change the parts of my keyboard

Clearly they really didn't clean things as over time what spilled has corroded and/or become gummy messing up the key switch.

I agree with @benjamen50 you'll need a new keyboard, Sorry ;-{

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

Most likely a bad keyboard which happens from liquid damage. The keyboard will need to be replaced.

jams_hamza will be eternally grateful.