Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Dim / Dull Screen

I'll start by saying Hi :)

A few days ago I bought an anti scratch vinyl front and rear cover for my iPhone 3GS.

followed the instructions and used the supplied water spray to help manover vinyl film.

spraied the sticky side of the vinyl and applied to front screen, then used the smoothing out air bubbles gadget to smooth out the air... some water did go into the speaker outlet. wasn't a great deal but since then my screen will not light up.

adjusted brightness settings and turn on and off the auto-Brightness opition, but still very dim screen. so dim you need to tilt the screen into the light to view anything.

What can I do :S

Thanks in advance for your help

This is called No Backlight problem. Often due to water damage. Put the iPhone into a bag of uncooked white rice to help it dry out.

The Backlight problem can be due to LCD display damage or can be due to Logic Board Controller chips damage, two of them most commonly affected.

Let the iPhone dry out for maybe two days at least, see if issue resolves. At that time you can try a Reset to see if it helps.

If still No Backlight first step would be new LCD display

This happened on Sunday morning, No change as of today (Wednesday)

I've bought a new screen from eBay to change over...

anything I need to know about changing the screens incase I break things some more :(

Thanks for your help :)

Just go slow and be careful. You can do it. If it doesnt work, then you may need the coil replaced. That is done by desoldering the old one and soldering on a new one.

jon will be eternally grateful.