Unplugging the battery when phone is on

Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of repairing my iPhone 6S screen. I've taken the screen off and when I've put it all back together the screen is unresponsive.

Is there anyway to force shut down the phone so I can take out the 3 connectors (I'm guessing they may not all be attached correctly).

Stupidly I didn't disconnect the battery before doing the repair. I don't know if this has caused any issue?

If the phone can't be shutdown can I just disconnect the battery?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, you can take off the battery . Just make sure you disassemble what you've already worked on and make sure everything is reconnected correctly. Always as a rule of thumb disconnect the power supply from any electronic components before repairing.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

It’s always best practice to remove a device’s battery before repairing it. If the phone cannot be shut down, then disconnecting the battery is a good idea.

If the phone was on and the battery still connected whilst the screen was done then u normally do have to restart the phone u can do that by the button combination… press home and power button together for a few seconds

Its always good practice to power off the phone and disconnect the battery especially on the 6s and above prior to doing any repair.

Steve will be eternally grateful.