Model Number: M305D-S4829. Processor: AMD Turion™ X2 Dual-Core. Installed Memory: 4GB (PC6400 DDR2 800MHz SDRAM). Hard Drive: 250GB HDD. Display Size: 14.1" widescreen.

Screen no longer works

Works fine if I hook it to a monitor but the screen no longer turns on

Thanks. Turns out when I split the case I did find a loose cable. Now it works great!

If it works when hooked to an external monitor then you either have a bad cable, cable connection to the LCD or a bad LCD. I would open it up and check the cable to make sure its connected and has no breaks. If the cable checks out you probably need a LCD. Good luck.

Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4829 Motherboard Replacement

Toshiba Satellite M305D-S4829 Repair

+ move the screen up and down and see if it flickers - thus indicating the data cable

This happens to my satellite too. Heres what I do to fix it.

1.Take Battery out

2.plug power in

3.while battery is still un-plugged and turned on pick up your laptop and tip it all the way sideways quickly. You should hear your fans boost and your screen will turn on.

4. replace battery while still turned on.

If this is working, aren't you essentially resetting the CMOS? If so then a new CMOS battery would solve this issue.

Marc will be eternally grateful.