Apple's fourth-generation smartwatch, with optional cellular connectivity, released September 21, 2018.

Is there a way to replace the screen without sacrificing Apple Pay?

Per the item description for the replacement screens on this site’s store, there is a note at the bottom that says:

“When replacing the screen with a different part, it disables the NFC antenna, used for things like Apple Pay. There appears to be no easy fix for this right now. “

If I am reading this correctly, it means it is impossible to replace the Series 4 screen without loosing the functions of your NFC antenna. In other words, to replace a broken screen yourself you will trade one broken thing for another - which is obviously silly. I suppose there is a chance I am reading this incorrectly though - and my fingers are crossed that this is the case (especially after seeing the price of repair from the Apple Store).

Have any of you replaced the screen on a Series 4 and verified whether or not Apple Pay functionality is lost?

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Nope. This is like the home button on the iPhones; Apple puts in a hardware lock as a “security measure” (which, conveniently, only Apple can circumvent). If you want the screen replaced AND retain NFC functionality, you must pray at the Altar of Fruit.

Brett Lyon will be eternally grateful.