The Sony Xperia XZ Premium is an Android Smartphone that boasts 4k HD resolution display, USB 3.1 Type C reversible connection, and a Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor. It was released in June 2017 as part of the Xperia X series.

XZ premium charges after putting pressure

So before my xz premium completely stopped charging my phone used to randomly stop charging and charged very slow I used quick charge 3.0 and certified usb c cable I had to put the usb type c cable in a certain position to get my phone charging but after a while it completely stopped charging I inspected the port it was fine no bent nor broken cleaned the port but it didn’t charge after sometime I started messing with the phone so I found a way to charge it when I put pressure on the bottom of the phone from front and rear of phone where usb port and flex cable is connected it starts charging but I have to put a lot of pressure to get it to charging I don’t know about hardware so I am here If someone can guide me ty.

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Update I got it fixed the BtB connector on the motherboard for the charging port was loose it needed to be resoldered.

Could it be so simple that the USB-flex cable isn’t plugged in properly to the motherboard?

So when you put some good amount of pressure at the bottom of the phone it gets a good enough connection to make it charge.

From your question i’m not sure if you want to repair the device yourself or are just asking to see if it’s repairable.

If what i’m saying is true you would only have to remove the back cover/glass from the phone, which is glued.

Then remove a few screws , remove plastic bracket and then plug in the USB-port connector to the motherboard.

Thank you for the reply Pontus what I was trying to ask was that what is the cause of that problem since you told that it might be loose connection with the motherboard I'll try to get it fixed.

That's the only logical explanation i can come up with since you're saying it charges when you put a lot of pressure down at the usb-port. Hope you find a way to get it fixed :)

So after opening up my phone I checked the flex cable it was connected properly and I also removed it and connected it again but it didn't work the only thing that worked was to still press the flex cable where it connects to the motherboard and the phone starts charging one more thing the flex cable gets hot where I apply pressure sorry for my bad english

Have you tried cleaning the connectors?

It's all about debugging now. If you know any phone part suppliers in your country i think you should look for a new XZ Premium USB-port. I can get my hands on one for about 10 USD with shipping here in Sweden so the part isn't really expensive.

Zayn will be eternally grateful.