Apple order number MC007LL/A / 27" 2560x1440 pixel display

Can I upgrade the isight camera to an new FaceTime HD Camera?

Can I take a FaceTime HD camera out of an iMac and install it into my 27" Apple Cinema Display. I would like to upgrade it to HD, as I record videos with it.

I use a MacPro dual Quad Core 2.8 GHz with a 23" Viewsonic monitor and have a iSight Camera I took out of a 20" G5 iMac and spiced a USB cord onto it, (Matched color to color of cord) and use it for FaceTime and Skype. It even looks better than the old iSight external camera. I do have to use a Blue Snowflake USB Mic for the sound.

Try it as a usb plug in first before tearing the unit down to replace inside. There are a bunch of different configurations to the iMac cameras and most will not fit inside of the Cinema Display cabinet. Thats why I use it externally.

+ nice camera enclosure ;-)

what about replacing the iSight in the late 2009 27" imac with the FaceTime camera?

It looks like its possible and easy just one connection to the logic board

David Arney will be eternally grateful.