A unibody aluminum generation of the Mac Mini identifiable by the model number A1347, spanning the Mid 2010 to the currently sold Late 2014 model.

Able to add a second drive?

I have an older A1283 that unfortunately looks like the mother board is dead!! I have two drives in it and love that setup and was wondering if anyone has made the bracket to add a second one to the new mac mini a1347 model. These little guys make great entertainment centers!! just would like to get a second drive in there.

Here is a link to a setup that will allow for two drives. Use the adapter to replace the optical drive with a hard drive and the case to install the removed optical drive as a external drive for loading software , etc. I would think for what you are planning to use it for that would not be needed to often. Hope this helps.

http://eshop.macsales.com/owcpages/datad...

Mac mini Model A1347 Optical Drive Replacement

Wasn't thinking along those lines but if he can do without the DVD this is great option.

jd53 will be eternally grateful.