How do I know if my iPhone won't charge or if it has water damage?

I went to the snow this past weekend and ever since then my phone does not want to charge. I am not sure if it got snow inside the charger port or if I broke the charger port. On my way back home it charged okay but when I got home nothing. I would just like to know if I have water damage or if I broke the charger port.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Likely neither. What may be happening is that the cold finished off your battery. The 6s Plus is getting to be an older phone and with older phones comes degrading batteries. If the battery completely dies, that is to say, it won’t take a charge, you would see the same symptoms. My suggestion would be to try a new battery first and see if that solves your problem. If not, then you may be looking at a problem with the charge port. It’s possible you got snow in charge port. If you did, it’s possible corrosion has set in. Take a look at the charge port and see if it looks normal. If you don’t see any buildup on the pins, there’s a good chance it’s not water damage.

Denise Sanchez will be eternally grateful.