Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver or Space Gray. (Pronounced the same as "iPhone 10.")

Odd rattling sound inside my iPhone X

Hey all! I’ve got an issue that’s hopefully harmless, but I want to make sure. My iPhone X has a very odd but also distinct rattle when shaken, and sounds to be coming from the top right corner of the device. I know for certain it’s not the ringer switch or any of the buttons moving. What are the odds of this doing any real damage? The device is still waterproof and functions fine, other than this rattle being obnoxiously loud when taking video. Thanks in advance for the help!

This is a great question, because my iPhone XS does the same thing in the top right corner, and it definitely isn't the buttons. I think I remember my X doing it as well. Doubt it will cause any damage, but very curious.

Edit: I assume it's the camera module, only moving part. Probably the autofocus, or just some slight manufacturing defect.

@jonaharagon Not a defect, it only started happening fairly recently.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

I think it may be the camera with its OIS just moving around. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Reed Crosby will be eternally grateful.