Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Proximity sensor troubles (Works sometimes, sometimes not)?

i've already read the related answers but that doesn't adress my problem. As i stated, the sensor sometimes switches the screen off during a call sometimes not. Hard reset didn't help. The phone was never dismanteled, but has had a hard life (well i use it a lot).

iOS 4.1 (8B117)

Modem Firmware (Baseband) 06.15.00

jailbroken and unlocked.

Any idea?

My first guess would be that it's because you have the iPad baseband (6.15.00) installed. Though the dev-team says it's perfectly safe to use, it can cause all kinds of things to go wrong. I would consider looking around on Cydia for a tweek that disables the sensor all-together, or update the phone to a newer version of iOS (If you have saved SHSH blobs) and see if that resolves the problem.

Thanks - i reseach into that direction. I'm a bit careful though, because the phone works fine otherwise and i don't want to loose my unlock. +

remacberlin will be eternally grateful.