Released September 21, 2018. Models A1920, A2097, A2098, A2100. Available as GSM or CDMA / eSIM or nano-SIM / 64, 256, or 512 GB / Silver, Gold, or Space Gray. (Pronounced "iPhone 10 S.")

need new ifixit app?!?

I know how back in 2015 the Apple App Store closed the IFIXIT app because they were violating their terms and services. I think that we should bring back the IFIXIT app but instead make it downloadable through their website so its not violating their terms and they can’t take it down whenever they feel like it. Their website is great and its definitely gotten really good over time for mobile devices but I think it would be nice to have that platform back again. Tell me below on what you think.

FYI - Just so you know the whole story Apple shipped a new Mac mini to them, as per the custom iFixit did a teardown! Apple didn't like that ;-}

I personally use an iPad and just create a shortcut for my desktop to launch the web page. When the weather is good you’ll often find me outside pecking away on my iPad posting here ;-}

It's a lot of work to maintain different flavors of apps and a web site!

I think iFixit needs to focus on what they do best, and not get lost spending man-hours in too many directions with little benefit in the long run.

As you likely know IFIXIT is working hard on the Right to Repair movement! Which I think is a better direction for not only iFixit, but all of us and the world at large!

Definitely it should be back again

Given the contentious relationship we have with Apple on the'Right to Repair' movement I doubt Apple will grant iFixit access to the App Store again. for any app. Lets not get lost in the small stuff when we have bigger battles that are more important.

Downloading app from webpage DOES violate their terms, as you will need an enterprise certificate to sign the app to sideload, which per terms and conditions only available to enterprise employees.

Pretty sure iOS restricts app installs only via app store or signed apps.

I think that would be great tbh. I’ve always wanted one before. Hopefully they do make an app.

Ian Shalongo will be eternally grateful.