Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

iPhone disabled after screen replacement and phone restoration

I have got a problem with my iPhone 6 and I would appreciate if one could advise me how to fix it.

I dropped my iPhone 6 and broke the screen.

I then replaced the screen and found the message “iPhone is Disabled. Connect to iTunes“. Apart from this message, I was able to see the carrier name, date, time, etc on the top of screen. to fix this, I searched online and realized that restoring my phone could fix this. Since I have backup of my phone on icloud, I didn’t mind losing data on my phone. After connecting the phone to iTunes, pressing power+home buttons, I got the routine messages from iTunes to restore the phone. I went through the process and everything seemed to function normally. However, after finishing the process, I still have the “iPhone is Disabled. Connect to iTunes“ but this time no carrier, date, time, etc data on the screen (please see the pic attached

).

I would appreciate it if someone could advise me what should I do now?

Many thanks

OPEN ALL THE TABS

RAM Upgrade Kits for Mac

Shop Kits

Enough RAM
For All The Tabs

Shop Kits

I finally could fix it. I restarted the phone in DFU mode(instead of recovery mode) and restored the phone. It is now up and running

Sorry I’m not good with technology and this recently just happened to me . So what is DFU mode ? Where do I find this option ?

Most Helpful Answer

Seen this before. You have a phone that displays iPhone is disabled after screen replacement because either the screen had no display (cracked too much) or the screen had a bad touch screen.

Then you update the phone and still get the iPhone disabled screen but only with the black text. There is no way to get data off the phone once you get that message and already attempted a software update.

You’ll need to restore the phone, enter apple ID details when prompted and use a iTunes / iCloud backup that was made previously.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong hardware wise so you have nothing to lose from a restore as the phone is unusable + data unrecoverable anyway.

No, as in he already reset the device (as stated in the thread), so it has to be a hardware issue.

Restoring is not always a good idea..first and foremost a hardware issue can’t be solved with software, second there’s no other trial that can be done right now besides probing the inner components and circuits. The hit has probably damaged some micro solder joints under an IC that almost certainly belongs to the radio circuitry. The only possible solution here is to hand over your phone to a microsoldering specialized lab..some work on a no fix no fee basis.

I advise that you should take it to a professional to look at the motherboard/ storage chip, you might need it replaced, or you should buy a replacement one from iFixit.

This is what I have actually done (explained in the thread) but the problem still persists

Alright, so then you might have to have a professional look at it because it seems like it might be a problem with the motherboard.

Mehdi Molu will be eternally grateful.