My phone has a black screen and wont turn on

My iPhone 6s has a black screen and when I try to restart it (holding power and home button/volume button) it doesn’t power back on. I think the main issue might be that my home button doesn’t work (hasn’t worked for months) meaning the restart isn’t possible.

Any ideas???

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Hi there!

Is it recognizable in iTunes when you plug it in to your computer?

If you haven’t already, I’d try performing a DFU Restore. A DFU restore will update the OS, and give us a clean slate to further troubleshoot the device.

If that doesn’t help, I would then inspect the digitizer + LCD cables for damage as those are fragile. Definitely be careful if you do end up opening up the device. Once you’ve got it opened, cleaning the contacts gently with isopropyl alcohol/rubbing alcohol/surgical spirits [a q-tip or bristled brush will do the trick].

Otherwise, replacing the LCD screen + digitizer might be the next step.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

TheStickHutch will be eternally grateful.