The first model of the iMac line of personal computers made by Apple Inc. (formerly Apple Computer, Inc.) produced between 1998 and 2003.

Can I use iBook g4 as a monitor & keyboard

hi. i currently have a g3 desktop blue and white but i do not have a monitor nor keyboard for it. see my g3 doesn't go pass the grey screen with the flashing folder. i have the startup disk but since i do not have the monitor nor keyboard can i use my ibook g4 as a replacement? can i connect it to my ibook g4 and if so how?

sorry if the question is a little wacky.

Sorry the ibook G4 is set for video mirroring only and not for use as a monitor. You should be able to pickup a monitor and a usb keyboard fairly cheaply on your local Craigslist or local yard sale.

I tried with a usb non-apple keyboard and it didn't work it wasn't acknowledged. so it has to be an apple keyboard? Thank you for the information greatly appreciated.

Here is a link for an inexpensive Mac keyboard--I use these people all the time. They stand behind their products and ship fast. There are other choices--this is just the one I use most often.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Macally/I...

edie will be eternally grateful.