Parts & Tools

Released September 22, 2017. Model A1863, A1905. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

phone screen flickering after screen replacment

I have replaced an iphone 8 screen dispaly assembly, however the screen keeps flickering, I have checked the connections and it seems fine, I am at a loss, can anyone advise?

Always make sure you disconnect the battery before doing any work on a phone, so you don’t short anything out.

1. You have a bad part. The backlight can malfunction from time to time on replacement parts. You’ll need to send it back and get another screen.
  2. In the past I’ve heard that static electricity can cause this. I have seen where if you disconnect the screen and let it sit for about 15 minutes, any static built up will discharge and the flicker will go away. I have also seen where charging the phone for an extended amount of time will fix the issue too.

Tracey Homeward will be eternally grateful.